Sunday 18 April 2010

Update ...


This wasn't exactly the blog-post I was expecting to be writing right now. It should be called Life Through The Lens and involve reflections on the recent trip to Morocco. However, the slight inconvenience of an errupting volcano shutting down the entirety of European airspace has put pay to that and we are technically stranded. I say technically stranded because our airline have provided complimentary all inclusive accommodation, though I am very aware that right now I should be preparing to go back to work tomorrow!

Spirits are still quite high here, probably reminiscent of Dunkirk, though obviously in reverse, and there have been a number of suggestions of alternative ways home. Some of my favourites are below:

* Hire a camel
*Ask Liz if Phil wouldn't mind lending us their yacht
* Swimming the channel ... though there is that annoying stretch of water between Africa and Spain to navigate as well
* Contact the Navy to see if they can do anything
* Stand on the shore at Tangiers with 1000 hairdryers to shift the ash cloud away
* Start walking

The latter is looking the most likely at the moment as there are no routes across Europe by rail or road at the moment.

I will try to keep you posted and if we decide to set out on foot I'll let you know ...


No comments:

Post a Comment