Saturday 26 March 2011

Spring has sprung ...

Or so I thought! The rainy scene outside can't be much far removed from the pleasant, sunny afternoon spent at Dunstanburgh last Saturday.

Instead of being out and about this afternoon I have been experimenting with semi-desaturation techniques. I am also very impressed with the RAW picture quality from my new Nikon D5000. It puts my previous camera to shame.Only a few tweaks in levels and hue and saturation for the layers, and here are the results ...

Image 1 is the original.

Image 2 a combimation of hue and saturation layers, blending modes and opacity.

Image 3 uses a technique called bleach bypass.

Well, it filled part of a rainy afternoon, anyway. Maybe tomorrow will bring better weather ...










1 comment:

  1. Nice sharp image (I sound like a judge!) More comp fodder!

    ReplyDelete