Thursday 9 April 2009

Strange but true happenings from Northumberland!

Strange but true happening #1

Firstly, the very fact that I find myself blogging is strange, and yet at the same time, true! I started my blogging journey in February, and yes, just as I anticipated, it has not started strongly. (Hence, the first post for approximately 8 weeks!) As I type it is 12:13 (after midnight, as opposed to it being midday!) remembering that I had created such an account approximately 23 minutes ago! So .... "why now, am I blogging?" I ask myself!

Maybe it's a holiday thing to do, it now being Easter, or perhaps I have had just too much time on my hands, otherwise, it could be that I am in need of a space to begin to put the whirlwind of thoughts rushing through my mind down onto paper ... or should that be "screen?"


Strange but true happening #2

As an avid walker, much of my time is spent pounding the sands of the Northumberland coastline. It is not uncommon for a range of debris to be washed up on the shore. Lobster pots, huge tree roots, shattered sledges (presumably used for dune-sliding!) and old crates being just a few of the delights spotted on a regular basis.

However, more recently there have been more perculiar items spotted including a whale, a 10 foot oarfish, a number of seals (unfortunately deceased!) and, as of Sunday, a rather large squid!!!

I was glad to be walking with a good friend of mine on Sunday, as otherwise I probably would have dismissed my own judgement about what I spotted. But, sure enough, it was indeed one of the above. Bulbous body, smaller head, eyes either side and ... tentacles ... lots of tentacles ... coming from its ... face! Very squid-like. Definitely a squid!

Random indeed!

Then, just yesterday in Tynemouth, something caught my eye. At first I considered my mind was deceiving me, or that what I saw was more to do with the caffeine and sugar infusion that I had just injected myself with in Crusoe's. But .... there it was ... sure enough ...

A spring bubbling up in the sand ...

Hmmmm ...


Strange but true happening #3

Due to the time spent customising this blog, tomorrow is now in fact, today!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud you have finally started blogging Andrea! Woo hoo!

    And you are right...very weird.

    ReplyDelete